Friday, July 16, 2010

bleepwerks Original: Inside a Patch, Virus TI Snow


This is a video documentary of a patch I made on my Virus TI Snow. I wanted to experiment with the new Arp to Matrix feature, as it is a feature I have been wanting for some time, so I decided to document the creation of my first patch using this feature. I used Ableton Live, with a single note from the TI Snow, and drums from Ableton.


Being able to route the arpeggiator to any modulation source via the mod matrix really opens up new possibilities on the TI, and is absolutely fun, fun, fun. A cool trick was assigning the arp to modulate the Delay Send, so that certain steps in the arpeggiation get soaked with delay, this is also useful with the Reverb Send, or any other effect for that matter.

I set up the patch with only one oscillator, with pitch modulation from the arpeggiator, and then used oscillator 2 for ring modulation, but you could easily assign both oscillators, and even use different amounts.

More videos will follow, this was too much fun not to revisit.

No comments:

Post a Comment